Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mission Accomplished: TheFinancialWhiz Starts a Financial Career



In my post “Follow The Financial Whiz: The Countdown Begins Going from College to Career,” I set a goal to obtain a job offer by my graduation date of December 16, 2007. I am proud to say that I have achieved that goal.


I was offered positions with two very respectable firms, and both opportunities would have allowed me to continue dealing with investments. I have decided to join the Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System as a Junior Investment Analyst specializing in private equity and venture capital investments. I feel that this position will allow me to continue to expand my knowledge into some of the most fascinating areas of investing. The position has me moving to the Harrisburg, PA area where I will be looking to continue to grow as an individual and as a professional.


The job opportunity was the direct result of the successful 8-month internship that I completed with the retirement system back in 2006. I felt that this opportunity would provide me with a workplace where I feel comfortable as I already know a lot of the expectations and procedures.


The decision was not an easy one to make, and anyone who has been around me the past two weeks can attest to this. The next couple of weeks will consist of me transitioning from my home here in Indiana, PA to my new home in Harrisburg, PA where I hope to settle in after the New Year.


I hope to post some updates from time to time as to my progress in the transition period, along with some new trading ideas that I have been cooking up in my head over the past couple months.


Thanks for all of the support that you, the readers, have shown me over the past 4 months to get to this point.


Bryan




No comments: